OH my, I posted that I’d fixed the issue with the graphing (see below) due to an updated version of some software which didn’t work correctly… 2 hours later the thing updated itself again despite me telling it not to. Therefore it stopped working again because it was back on the new (broken) version. I’ve downgraded it again and hopefully it can’t update until I let from now on. Let’s see what happens next 😉
If you’re a regular visitor you may have noticed that some data has been missing recently … I finally discovered that a WordPress Plug-In I’m using to present some of the data updated itself automatically and new version doesn’t work ;-(
It took me a week to work out what had happened, annoyingly. The author has promised to fix things with a new release at the end of March – lets hope this happens otherwise we’re stuck on the old version. Apologies for the issues.
About 18 months ago I decided to make something I’d found on instructables.com. Turns out it was rather more difficult than I’d anticipated but, due to Furlough boredom, I finally finished it …
It would have been cheaper and a lot easier to just buy a clock, of course. Next project is a Geiger Counter – I’m not sure why as I don’t think we have much radiation in Leavening 😉
I recently found this rare poroid mushroom whilst on holiday. In Britain the Orange Porecap is a recent introduction (or maybe the appearance of this sub-tropical species is the result of global warming); it is currently recorded in the UK from Devon and Cornwall.
This striking pored member of the family Mycenaceae originated in Madagascar, from where it spread – presumably when timber was being shipped – to Australia and New Zealand. Over the past couple of decades the Orange Porecap has been spreading across Europe, and its range now includes parts of Italy and Spain.
I’ve been out photographing mushrooms again and this year’s proving to be a bumper one … I’ve spotted more than ever and you can see a selection by looking at the images here.
Very excited to announce that I also found a rare/endangered Pink Ballerina Waxcap (Porpolomopsis Calyptriformis) on my travels around the area. Here she is :
So, no sooner than I declare everything’s working it goes and breaks.
Eagle eyed viewers might have noticed that a lot of the data entries on the main website pages were empty. This was caused by a database issue and is now fixed.
Unfortunately, it coincided with my having emptied my study in order to redecorate it so I couldn’t fire up a computer in order to fix it for a few days. Obviously, this isn’t acceptable but, hey, my study looks great now and it’s never happened before…
Also, we had issues with the rain gauge which are now fixed. The field containing the rain gauge had a herd of cows in it so I decided to wait until they’d been moved before trying to diagnose the lack of recorded rain. This is because I promised the kids they could help and I didn’t think it was safe for them. Turns out a combination of muck, spiders, moss and a leaf were to blame. All cleaned and fixed now so we should see much better data going forwards.
Today, Tuesday 22nd September 2020, is the first day I’m happy that every page looks okay and works as expected on the whole weather station. It’s a cause for celebration because, previously, there have always been odd parts which didn’t function as intended. Fingers crossed nothing breaks as I have more pages to add later this week…
I recently noticed that the Leavening Weather Station website had mysteriously started to mis-behave.
The menus stopped appearing on mobile devices and half of the graphs weren’t working at all … very strange.
I’ve finally got around to investigating today and, hurrah, I think it’s all okay again now. If you think it isn’t please let me know. If you think it is please let everyone else know 😉
So, Windoze 10 updates itself automatically last night, rebooted and then sat there asking me to confirm some account details; thus leaving the Weather Station offline all night. How annoying. Lucky I got up early and noticed it… All should be working again now including our weather forecast for Leavening which I’m just running again now 😉
A long time ago I put a tide times for Bridlington page on the website. It had a table of times and heights as well as lunar information. More importantly I had a nice chart showing the tide information. Upgrading php sadly broke this page as something went wrong with a database query. After a good few hours trial and error I got it working again today so it’s now been added into the new-look website for your viewing pleasure 😉 You can see it here.